So have you seen the movie yet? I’m referring to The Social Network, or, as my parents call it, “that Facebook movie.” If you haven’t seen it, I highly advise you to stop reading (or continue reading on your mobile device) and get to the theater ASAP.
Why recommend this movie? First of all, it was fantastic. Secondly, the results have been nothing short of spectacular. And that’s the world we live in, where everything from entertainment to marketing and advertising budgets has become results-oriented.
Gone are the days when people were willing to spend their money, personal or business, without setting expectations. How easy is it to go online and check out a movie’s trailer, see what others think of the movie, and then purchase the tickets? From research to transaction in a matter of minutes. So what does the research say about The Social Network?
- 97% out of 100% on Rotten Tomatoes
- 100 out of 100 by Roger Ebert of the Chicago Sun-Times
- 100 out of 100 by Claudia Puig of USA Today
- 100 out of 100 by Lou Lumenick of the New York Post
- 100 out of 100 by Bob Mondello, NPR
- 100 out of 100 by Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
- 100 out of 100 by Kirk Honeycutt, The Hollywood Reporter
- Opened October 1 – $23 MM in sales opening weekend
- $62.4 MM in sales as of October 19
No need for me to go on. You get the idea; the movie is good, and that’s not just coming from me. The results say it all; so get comfortable with the new world we live in, where everything is measurable, and while you’re at it, let me know what YOU think and if there’s anything else out there you recommend. I hear The Town is trending upward…
— Gary Sayers, VP, Account Director